I can not believe 2017 is over! It literally feels like it just became 2017. I’m going to start off with my awesome failure goals. Feel free to cheer for me and congratulating me on the epic fails of December! Be prepared for a very long post. xD
1.) Go to sleep earlier. EPIC FAIL!
- A few times I went to sleep earlier, but not much. I’m just a night-owl. I need to accept it! Although, ever since I babysat right after Christmas for a few days, I’ve been waking up earlier somehow.
2.) On InstaGC, earn 30 dollars. FAIL!
- I got over half of that. $16. Meh. I’m ashamed of myself for failing… oh well. There’s always January. 😛
3.) Study and do better in my math, especially for tests! CHECK…. I think?
- I recall doing better on my tests… but otherwise… I have forgotten.
4.) Keep to my school-work schedule. FAIL!
- Um… yeah. I’m not really going to address this. 😛
5.) Limit my video-game playing time. Hopefully have it at the maximum of one hour a day. KINDA??
- I did play less this month… but then I didn’t. I played with my siblings and also I got Star Wars Battlefront II. Kind of a dumb move considering I love Star Wars and will play as much as I can until I’m bored with the whole game ,and I’m almost at that point.
I’m sure you don’t care, but I almost finished all of the solo Arcade modes on there and am literally one away from unlocking Han with a beard!😛
6.) Eat less junk food, especially chocolate.
- I think I did better, but I recall eating some donuts and candy. Some soda for the first time in a while. Plus popcorn on Dec. 26 at the movies. Maybe this should be a flop?
Writing and Reading Goals:
1.) Finish at least two books I got in exchange for a review in my email. FAIL!
- I read A Question of Courage on December 1st, but otherwise… nope.
2.) Read three books on my TBR list on Goodreads. FAIL
- I only read Land of Silence by Tessa Afshar, so that qualifies as a fail for sure.
3.) Read the whole book of Proverbs. FAIL FOR SURE!
- Yeah, I forgot to the whole month of December. I plan to read it this month because I got a Creative Bible and I’m excited to use it! Except, I am still forgetting to read it. Should I just set an alarm to remind me?
4.) Write! Work on my Nano story and get at least 10K words done. FAILLLLL!
- I didn’t even think about writing this month. Okay, maybe once or twice, but it just did not happen.
5.) Read at least two books on my bookshelf. FLOPPP!
- I did not even remember this goal until reading it right here again.
YAY I FAILED, congratulations me! *claps for myself*
Quite a bit of memorable things happened this year. View the photos below: (hopefully the slideshow works. Let me know in the comments if it doesn’t and I’ll edit this post. 🙂
I plan on posting pictures from April last year when we were traveling to Wisconsin!
Highlights of 2017:
I really don’t remember January. Like at all. So moving on…
In February last year, my family visited Wisconsin for the first time and spent the week with our cousins! I had a great and fun time! I flew on an airplane (okay that sounds stupid) for the first time and I was kind of scared, to be honest. It was quite an adventure for me and my family! Unfortunately, I did not think to take any photos until the end and the ones I took are not able to be posted here. 😥 </3
Towards the end of February and most of March, my parents started searching for houses in Wisconsin. Just for fun, they said. Not like it’s going to happen, they said. It’d take a miracle, they said. Okay, I’m going overboard here with that, but really trying to make a point xD. A month later, in April, we moved to Wisconsin and I celebrated my sweet sixteenth birthday here. Look at all the wonderful books I got from family:
I own most of the Left Behind series, but I haven’t really started them yet. Kind of weird. And for all I know, I own doubles since I have not unpacked my books when we moved and I bought some on my birthday. This is an old picture from April last year, by the way, and I gave Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm to my cousin. I also threw away the John F Kennedy book because it got damaged somehow. Also, I got sick a lot for the first three months of living here. Very miserable 😛
In May, I made a big decision not to go to summer camp in California and sacrifice it for my sister to go. It was a hard thing to do and made me depressed for a couple of months.
I’m not posting it here for attention. I just want to give you some insight from my life and how I’m not a selfish greedy person all of the time….
At the end of June, I went to Texas for the first time. It was neat! I even got to see what Mexico looked like, but I didn’t go over the border. Their buildings are very colorful! 🙂 I was able to meet people from my dad’s side of the family and it was super neat. There was also a very scary moment where a 10-year-old (I think) got dehydrated and they had to call 911. Everything ended up working out, but it was scary at the time. The funniest thing about all of this was that my dad and his brother left to look at some welding college place before everything happened and when they came back, they were scared. Weirdly, it was hilarious to me. You had to be there, but their reactions… xD
Towards the beginning of July, right after Texas, I visited my grandparents and realized how much I missed them. I still do…. Wah. I also visited my youth group from the church we went to when we lived in California on a Wednesday and was actually a chatterbox for once. Amazing for me, considering the fact that I never would’ve done that if I still lived there. :O. I wonder if I shocked some of those who knew I was shy? I was depressed that month because of camp.
We had our first Thanksgiving without my Grandparents and it was really hard for me. I missed them. Also, like, I need Grandpa’s biscuits. I luvvv them! Although we were able to have Thanksgiving with my aunt’s family, it was just not the same. Still fun though! 🙂
Christmas was amazing, but sad as well! Quoting myself from the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Tag post:
“… Every Christmas in California, our grandparents and great-grandma would visit and we’d make sugar cookies with them. Decorating the cookies with sprinkles and icing was just so fun! We’d have a delicious meal, like ham etc, and then we’d exchange presents with each other and it was just so fun!”
It was different this year, but still quite fun. We made a huge breakfast
, which is a big deal in my house, comprising of pancakes, sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, toast, eggnog, watermelon juice… I think that’s all I can remember. Anyways, it was memorable considering we normally have french toast and waffles, but never pancakes. We each took turns read the Christmas story. I really love that tradition we have. Reminds me why we celebrate Christmas. Check out my favorite gifts:
I got two bookshelves for Christmas! The Littlest Pet Shops belong to my sister, but some are mine. Did you know that certain rare LPS can be worth up to $50? I remember when they were only like five bucks. Wow… :O
Random highlights of 2017:
So, I read a total of 211 books, my original goal being 207. Okay, at least 50 of them were picture books. I just had to read them one last time before they were sent to the thrift store. Plus, if I ever want to know what they are, I’ll find them on Goodreads xD. Check out my 2017 Year in Books here.
Five Favorite Books Discovered in 2017
which was hard to choose considering I love many of them:
- Where We Belong by Lynn Austin
- Left to Die by Ivy Rose
- Twinepathy (IDIA #1) by C.B Cook
- The Dreamer, The Schemer, and the Robe (The Amazing Tales of Max and Lix, #2)
- Before the Awakening by Greg Rucka
Five Television Shows That I Discovered in 2017 and Adored
not in order of favorites:
- Family Matters (Finished as of Christmas Eve 2017)
- ABC’s Lost (Finished as of November 11, 2017)
- Miraculous: The Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir (Finished Season One)
- Sabrina The Teenage Witch (Currently Watching)
- Star Trek: Voyager (Finished October, I think.)
Five Movies That I Watched for the First Time in 2017 and Adored
not in order, mostly:
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Obviously my favorite. REYLO! :D)
- The Case for Christ (2017)
- A Christmas Cinderella
- Priceless (2016)
- Samantha: An American Girl Holiday (2004)
Overall thoughts of 2017: It was an incredible year, with so many changes! Some good and bad… from moving across the country from California to Wisconsin, to celebrating Thanksgiving/Christmas without Grandparents. I just cannot believe it’s over and now I have a new year to live through. I discovered I still love Star Wars
as usual, especially Reylo, and will always love it. 😛
So the movie theater my family went to to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi was amazing. Like all of the decorations were Star Wars themed!
I wasn’t able to take a picture of a sign by their little food area, but it said Maz’s Kitchen! SO awesome! 😀 Credit to Marcus Theatres for the wonderful Star Wars Christmas themed decor! I do not own them and I did not create them. It was purely their awesomeness xD
I loved the Last Jedi and can see myself watching it again and again and again and again…. xD
So, hopefully this was interesting to read. I think 2017 was the most interesting year of my life. Again, let me know if the slideshows aren’t working. I’ll fix it. 🙂