Hey! I’m Chloe (aka Crystal) and I’d like to formally welcome you to my wonderful place of randomness, Purely by Faith.
Let’s get one thing straight so no one is confused: Crystal isn’t my real name, and I go by that sometimes, especially on the internet. Think of it as my pseudonym or pen name, or my fake name on the internet. I also love the name Crystal. 😛
I did have another blog before, but I decided I needed a fresh start and pretty much quit the other one. At the moment, I’d rather not disclose the URL to new followers. Mainly because it stinks and I locked it. 😛
I chose Purely by Faith as my blog’s name because it reflects what my goal is in life. To do everything purely by faith for the Lord.
Let’s sum it up who I am:
- I’m a Jesus Freak (I got that term from DC Talk). I love Jesus with all of my heart. I’m not perfect by any means, but I try my best to live for Him as well as do the right thing when I argue with my siblings.
- I’m a True Believer. Or in other words, Marvel Fangirl. Like, Excelsior! Technically, I should probably make this the Winter Soldier fangirling section. And Sebastian Stan. His my my favorite dude. Maybe ever.
- I read. A lot. I always get over twenty books from the library, even if I never actually get to finish them. My favorite genres are WWII, action & suspense, fantasy, and sci-fi. I don’t prefer childrens as much as I used to, but I have found some great ones in the past.
- Star Wars Fanatic. This literally describes me. I own many Star Wars bags, that I find myself fangirling over often, as well as a poster of The Last Jedi and many more things. You’ll probably find myself with a Star Wars book in hand.
- Trekkie. Technically I’m a fan of Star Trek Voyager & Star Trek: The Next Generation. I personally prefer Star Wars more than these two, but I still enjoy those once in a while. #IHateDeepSpaceNine
- I’m a gamer. Yep. I love video-games. Computer, mobile device, or console. I play first-person shooter titles as well as some racing and mind games. Top favorites are Halo, Nancy Drew mysteries for PC, Poptropica, Mario Kart 7, A Tale of Two Kingdoms, King’s Quest (the computer games), and many more.
- My first story I attempted was a Ninjago fanfiction. It stank. Then I did a few others: Transformers Prime, Star Wars, and even tried a Halo one once.
- I have a new WIP called Manipulated. Honestly, it sort of evolved from the Ninjago fanfic when I really think about it. But it’s completely different from what I wanted to do before, and it was original either way. I’m planning to have this be a trilogy, and have some some novelettes or novellas.
- You’ll find me thinking about characters, worlds, and situations from books often. And movies as well. Like, what would it be like to be in the Star Wars galaxy with all of the wonderful clones during the Clone War? Because I love them and want to meet them!
- I’m a teenager. Yep. I do have my moods and stuff that people don’t understand.
- #chocolateismylife. Cookies, candy bars, cake, cupcakes, chocolate milk, shakes, and many more. I’m a little chubby chocolate girl! 😀
- Don’t talk to me in real life. I’m an introvert, which basically means I’m super shy. I can blab online, or even to my family, but never to other people. I’m a good listener and very observant, but I just can’t really talk without stuttering or getting extremely nervous and stressed.
- Legos. Ninja. Ninjago. My jam. Lloyd is my favorite. And Cole. ❤
- Mainly because of Ninjago, I like Legos. But they’re awesome in general too.
- Like, never give me a plain glass of milk. I gag and feel like throwing up. And it sometimes makes me not feel good. But give my chocolate syrup… 😉
- But First, Coffee. Coffee gives me life energy. It helps me to go about my day. Especially with homemade creamer 😉
- I only like to take memorable photos. Like of record-making snowstorms or events happening in my life. I find it harder to take a forced photo of a flower, for an example.
- I’m a [Somewhat] Conservative Christian. I won’t wear skin-tight jeans nor shorts that practically show your whole legs. But I wear bootcut jeans, and I don’t necessarily prefer skirts and dresses, except on a Sunday. But I do love some music that might be considered rock, like with electric guitars, such as Halo 2’s Mjolnir Mix. And I love contemporary Christian music.
- I only bake desserts. Like, chicken or whatever is not something that’s interesting to me. But cake, you can frost them and color and decorate. ❤
- I’m a chicken lover. Their little faces are just adorable. Maybe you don’t get it, but you have to have owned one to understand.
- I am in love with Miraculous: The Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir, but I’m not sure I’m liking where certain side characters are heading. And: Marichat for life! Cat Noir is mine. And Hawk Moth is my fave! So mysterious, he is. I needs more dirt on him 😉
- I’ve pulled four all-nighters. Two lock-ins at my church with my youth group, and two times when I traveled via airplane to visit Wisconsin (two months before we moved here).
- I’m the queen of randomness. I constantly say something weird around my family. First, about a book, then about how I should draw a Hawk Moth fan art. Then I talk about drawing art based off of The Farmer and the Dell. (True story, folks).
- Crushes? Touchy topic. Yes, I’ve lived through one that lasted a few days, one that last most of a year, one that last another year, and another crush on a celebrity. That still exists. And I manage to find some character in a book, even in a few cartoons, that catch my eye most of the time. Like Miraculous or Ninjago. But boyfriends? Not going there. I always joke around and say that my dad will have a shovel, since we don’t own anything that you can shoot, and bury boys. I can’t date, or court, until I’m eighteen anyways. 😛
- I’m oblivious. I won’t notice things my parents notice such as creepy staring people, but then I notice things they don’t notice. 😛
- I don’t like to talk about my feelings. I will just let them pile up inside of me until I explode. That might be why I have a harder time making friends, because I won’t say how I’m feeling. I worry about offending people like 24/7, especially when I don’t know what words to use.
- I enjoy watching entertaining movies/TV shows… only appropriate ones, of course. Anything Marvel or Star Wars related. I suppose pretty much anything that has Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure, Fantasy, or Historical Fiction in it would interest me. Christian films are nice as well. 🙂
- I don’t really understand the Pokemon hype. Water defeats grass or is it fire, or what? Pretty much the whole anime in general. But I do like Voltron. Like, my favorites are Keith and Hunk. And that’s anime-style, right? I also think the scrapped Miraculous show that would’ve been in anime would be coolio to watch.
- I’m a night-owl. I can be up until like 3 am. But I don’t like to wake up early. I’d rather sleep in, and be up at 10-11 am.
- I’m interested in random hobbies, but I never get around to really doing anything about it. Such as wanting to start a Youtube channel, or getting better at art.
- I review books on my other blog: Purely by Faith Reviews.
- I am a shipper. Romance is not the sole focus of my life, but I do ship. If it’s appropriate for the show, I ship one character with another. I also have the issue of shipping one character with a few others, mainly because I can’t decide on which one I like better. Examples of what I ship: Marichat (Marinette and Chat Noir from Miraculous), Reylo (Rey and Kylo Ren), and others that I could not remember at the time of writing this. 😛
Anyways, yep. Completely random. But now you know me a little better than before you found this page. Kudos to you if you got this far. 🙂
Thanks for taking the time to get to know me. ❤